How to Switch Payroll Companies: An 8-Step Payroll Migration Checklist
Switching payroll companies in St. Paul, MN, does not have to be as complex as expected. For many payroll companies in Minneapolis, MN, the entire process can be completed in about eight steps. Here is a look at what to expect.
What Happens During the Switch?
Take a look at some of the expected steps in the payroll switching process. This is what occurs in most payroll companies.
- A payroll demo is scheduled. This provides insight into the features available.
- A proposal is created for the company to provide insight into what to expect along the way.
- Determine how well the move can work. It is important to know that this move is right for the company.
- Take a look at the contract and options. Negotiate terms to meet your needs.
- Set up the change. This involves notifying the current payroll provider to make them aware of the new provider selection.
- Get your tax filing details set up. You want to be sure that there is no gap in the tax reporting transition.
- Get set up with the new provider. Work with them to make sure the process is managed properly from start to finish.
- Transition and then go live.
It really can be that easy to manage when you are working with the right payroll companies in St. Paul, MN, or Minneapolis, MN. The right company provides the tools you need to thrive.
For more information about the payroll services and software we offer in Minneapolis, MN, for your business, give us a call today at 651.259.4260 or leave us a message through our contact form to request a free consultation or demo.
3 March 2022